• Slower fat metabolism leads to belly fat accumulation, increase body fat percentage, weight gain and increased tiredness.
• Slower bone metabolism leads to weaker bones and muscles, joint aches, and dental problems
Slower Fat Metabolism
Slower Bone Metabolism
• Overactive bladder: The thinning membrane of the outer urinary tract can cause the bladder to be overactive besides causing stress incontinence.
• Vaginal dryness and irritation: As the skin in the genital areas become thinner and loses elasticity, dryness, itching, frequent infections and painful sex can result.
Memory and Emotional Stress
As estrogen regulates various neurotransmitters in the brain responsible for different functions, hormonal fluctuations during perimenopause can lead to the following:
• Memory and concentration slowdown: Forgetfulness, poor recall, difficulty concentrating
• Emotional stress: Depression, anxiety, irritability.
• Unstable temperature control: Sudden warm feeling, blushing, hot flushes, sleep disturbances, headaches.
Ageing Skin and Hair
• Skin signs: Dryness, thinning, loss of firmness and fine lines formation.
• Hair signs: Hair follicles lose strength leading to female pattern hair loss (FPHL) whilst abnormal facial hair growth (upper lip and chin) may occur.
© 2014 Nuvanta Sdn Bhd. All Rights Reserved